An online class taught by Alex Svoboda, the founder of freedomDANCE.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
We use Zoom, and you will need to have it installed on your computer, iPad or mobile phone. It's best to use a computer to engage more fully. Ideally, you'd want to connect your computer to a sound system or a speaker; this will give you a better sound to dance to.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO JOIN?
- Step 1 - Pay here: https://www.meetup.com/freedomdance/events/287543541/ .
- Step 2 - We will send a Zoom link to your email that you provide when you pay.
WHAT IS THE COST?
Join this class to have a taste of freedom and take that sensation into your life!
• Freedom to move your body without learned steps or routines;
• Freedom to let go of comparisons, judgments and criticisms;
• Freedom to be yourself and connect with others.
Each time, your dance is your unique experience. And yet, it is done in a great company. You get lots of permission to do what’s true for you and enough support be reassured and relaxed.
Our class is a shared journey through a dance cycle of Opening, Transformation and Freedom:
· First, we open our bodies to move with breath, weight, space and each other;
· Then, we let our dance develop and transform, releasing old patterns and finding new ways to move and relate to ourselves and others;
· Finally, there is time to integrate our experience and feel the freedom to grow our dance and share our movement with others and space.
There are exercises and guidance to encourage your curiosity and learning; there is also space to dance without any instructions, to process what you have learnt… and just for the fun of it! There is great music, that is specially selected for each session, to serve us throughout the class.