At this level, just like at Level 1, we continue to focus on the physical aspects of the practice. At the same time, Level 2 Certification expands the range of themes that the teacher can cover by actively engaging imagination and insights, the mental aspect of the experience. Level 2 certificate gives you an opportunity to teach in any format, removing limitations on the length of your events and the composition of your group. It also makes you eligible for a full membership in ICMTA.
Level 2 Categories
Level 2 freedomDANCE content is organised into three categories:
(1) Unity: Exploration of different levels of relationships:
· with oneself;
· with the physical environment;
· with a partner;
· with a group;
· with a community; and
· with the Universe.
(2) Lessons: Life lessons from the dance floor; developing awareness of what dance meditation practice gives us when we are off the dance floor.
(3) Synthesis: Combining conscious movement with different types of arts and other practices.
The range of formats that Level 2 teachers can offer expands greatly and it includes the following:
· ongoing groups;
· individual sessions;
· freedomDANCE Jam (teaching without instructions).