The following material will be covered in the Foundation Level (1.2) training:
· freedomDANCE Polarities map: Practice and use in teaching.
· Movement qualities expressed through nine main polarities.
· Embodying different qualities in movement.
· The practice of creating soundscapes for classes.
· The practice of giving instructions and guidance during a class.
· Exercise design and presentation.
· Developing themes for a class and effective methods of presentation and demonstration.
· Structuring classes of up to two hours in duration.
· Dealing with emotional triggers and archetypal roles on the dance floor.
· How to talk about the practice and promote our classes.
· Grounding and centring techniques.
· Overview of the freedomDANCE Elements Map.
Holders of our Foundation Level (Level 1.2) Certificate can teach open freedomDANCE classes of up to 2 hours in duration and cover Polarities map in addition to Start Level material.