Spaces are limited and by advance ticket only. Tickets are released on Saturday of the previous week. Please book your place here, when tickets are released: https://bookwhen.com/cambsdance
We will be dancing at Hills Road 6th Form College in their hall from 6.30-8.30pm.
Bring water to drink.
Parking is available in the college car park, entrance on Purbeck Road, CB2 6PE. When you book your ticket you will be given the access code to the car park. Please do not give this code to anyone else.
To access the hall, leave the car park on foot, back onto Purbeck Road and walk a small distance back towards Hills Road, turn left just before the Linda Sinclair building into an interior courtyard from which you can access the hall. The route to the hall will be signposted.
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
Join this class to have a taste of freedom and take that sensation into your life!
• Freedom to move your body without learned steps or routines;
• Freedom to let go of comparisons, judgments and criticisms;
• Freedom to be yourself and connect with others.
Each time, your dance is your unique experience. And yet, it is done in a great company. You get lots of permission to do what’s true for you and enough support be reassured and relaxed.
Our class is a shared journey through a dance cycle:
· First, we OPEN our bodies to move with breath, weight, space and each other;
· Then, we let our dance develop and TRANSFORM, releasing old patterns and finding new ways to move and relate to ourselves and others;
· Finally, there is time to integrate our experience and feel the FREEDOM to grow our dance, share it with others and connect our movement and breath with the rest of the room.
There are exercises and guidance to encourage your curiosity and learning; there is also space to dance without any instructions, to process what you have learnt… and just for the fun of it! There is great music, that is specially selected for each session, to serve us throughout the class.
Enjoy the class!