Spaces are limited and by advance ticket only. Tickets are released on Saturday of the previous week. Please book your place here, when tickets are released: https://bookwhen.com/cambsdance?start=2023-12-01T00%3A00%3A00.000%2B00%3A00#focus=ev-snw6-20231117190000
Bring water to drink. Wear something loose and comfortable – layers are best. We dance in bare feet or wearing light soled shoes.
Cambsdance is an alcohol- and drug-free zone; please do not bring any substances on to the premises.
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
Join this class to have a taste of freedom and take that sensation into your life!
• Freedom to move your body without learned steps or routines;
• Freedom to let go of comparisons, judgments and criticisms;
• Freedom to be yourself and connect with others.
Each time, your dance is your unique experience. And yet, it is done in a great company. You get lots of permission to do what’s true for you and enough support be reassured and relaxed.
Our class is a shared journey through a dance cycle:
· First, we OPEN our bodies to move with breath, weight, space and each other;
· Then, we let our dance develop and TRANSFORM, releasing old patterns and finding new ways to move and relate to ourselves and others;
· Finally, there is time to integrate our experience and feel the FREEDOM to grow our dance, share it with others and connect our movement and breath with the rest of the room.
There are exercises and guidance to encourage your curiosity and learning; there is also space to dance without any instructions, to process what you have learnt… and just for the fun of it! There is great music, that is specially selected for each session, to serve us throughout the class.
Enjoy the class!