Alex Svoboda, Ph.D.
The liberating power of dance seems to flow naturally out of Alex and spread to those who come to his classes. Alex has lived in three countries (Russia, US and the UK), studied at five universities and colleges, received his Ph.D., worked as an analyst and manager at world's leading organisations, including the legendary management consultancy McKinsey & Company. He has trained directly with Anna Halprin, Gabrielle Roth and other prominent conscious dance teachers. He is a former University instructor and an experienced corporate training facilitator.
Alex has developed a method of dance meditation that is highly accessible, simple and at the same time amazingly deep and potentially transformational. He is sharing his knowledge through his freedomDANCE School that currently has around teachers and trainees. He lives in London and teaches regularly around the world. Alex explains why he considers dance to be his way to freedom: 'Each of our classes is an opportunity to have a taste of freedom. What kind of freedom? Freedom for the body to take over. Freedom for our mind to notice and accept what is happening inside ourselves and around us. Freedom for us to open up to something bigger, something that transcends our everyday ideas and calculations. It’s freedom to be yourself and share yourself with others…'
https://youtu.be/mo--SZRhqBU https://www.facebook.com/1618138238214757/videos/696025510783125/ https://www.facebook.com/1618138238214757/videos/1631536926874888/ https://youtu.be/vr-mR7nTsUE Praise for Alex’s Work
Here is what the dancers say about Alex and his work in their unsolicited messages:
• ‘You have real, soft, palpable presence. Not pushing, not holding back, sometimes waiting, sometimes offering. When you speak, I listen. It's always, always worth it.’ - Sue Rickards, London
• ‘[Your workshop] …has spiralled my life and unfolded so many changes in my inner self, outer life, given me so much more clarity, joy, focus, creativity and integrity. Your gift truly keeps on giving!’ - Rana Allamutdin, Bahrain
• ‘I felt stretched in a really beautiful way- it got me dancing outside of my easy routine ways of dancing.’ - Julian Russell, London
• ‘Alex is magical - catch him if you can!’ - Louise de Caux, Cambridge
• ‘Your workshop was certainly a marathon of the heart and soul!’ - Justin Romain Hoffman, London
• ‘I left [the workshop] feeling more fully human’ Di Hinds-Williamson, Cambridge
• ‘One of the best demonstrations I've seen in a very long time.’ – Daniel Kinsley, London
• ‘Alex guided us with grace, good humour and amazing music’ – Mark, London